Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Not Holiday Party

It's been a tradition in our house most years to have a Christmas Open House. When I was on my mission, there was a family (one who was both kind and affluent) who had a Christmas Open House. We were able to attend because they were also very missionary minded and introduced us to their friends. It was a fantasic event and one that I wanted to adopt. So, back in my single days, my roommate Molly and I started having one. I've tried to keep the tradition alive since I've been married; I certainly like being able to see my friends and family.

It's been a lot harder the last few years between pregnancies, kids, and now living in my parents' house. I think it's also been pretty hard for our friends to come because they are either in the same boat we are in or just very busy with the holidays. So, in light of that (and the fact that I'm 23 weeks along), we have decided to forego the event for awhile. It makes me sad because I really look forward to seeing everyone, but sometimes, it just doesn't work.

Hopefully, it's something we can do again (probably not until Rich is done with his residency). So, in 8 more years, I hope you will all be able to come (just trying to give you lots of notice).

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey thanks for the invite so far in advance! I'll mark it on our calnedar for 8 years from now! LOL- we always enjoy coming over and seeing you guys. Too bad you can't do it this year :(

Molly said...

Lynnae,

I'm not having one this year either...all of my side kicks are married and I just can't pull it off on my own. Maybe when I'm not the RS Prez anymore I can fit it in! Thanks for the advanced notice!

Molls

Post a Comment