But more than that, it was a little heart wrenching. I was done looking a the trees after a few rows, mostly because so many of them were dedicated to the memory of lost family members. I found myself tearing up at almost every tree.
So how does that relate to joy you ask? Well, first of all how can there be joy with no pain? There is a quote from the movie Shadowlands that says "The pain now is part of the happiness then. That's the deal." Who would trade the happiness and joy they've had in their life in order to avoid the pain of loss?
While we were there, the kids also got a chance to visit with Santa Claus. I love that Christmas symbol of the innocence and love of children.


There were also lots of gingerbread houses. There were two that were of the house from UP, balloons and all (I may have to attempt it). That was such a great show about making the most of our lives, even when were old and gray, and finding joy.




1 comments:
So cute! I want to steel these pics!
Post a Comment