Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Neighbor Gifts, Family Home Evening, and Holiday Lights

Almost every year, we make a batch of Christmas mice. These mice are made from a freshly chocolate dipped maraschino cherry with a stem, a Hersey's kiss (I prefer the caramel kind), a peanut for the ears, and some black gel frosting for the eyes and nose. They make for a scrumptious treat. After they are all made, we deliver them to our neighbors. That took up a good portion of yesterday.




After we delivered our goodies to our neighbors, we came home and let the kids make their gingerbread house. They, of course, tried to include a string of lights on the house. It turned out really cute.

Finally, the topic of the day is holiday lights, and the part they play at Christmas. I think they represent the light that Christ brought into the world and the star that commemorated his birth. I love to take some time each year to go and look at the lights (which we did last week).



0 comments:

Post a Comment