The Christmas season is such a wonderful time to renew friendships and spend time with family. I just got our cards out today. I love to give and receive them because it's nice just to touch base in a personal way (although blogs and FB sure make it easier to stay up on how everyone is doing).
We also went to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point with the kids tonight. They enjoyed it. Then we came back home for scones and hot chocolate. I just keep thinking of every pound I'm going to have to loose in 3 1/2 months. Sigh. But, it's all worth it, right? I mean those sugar cookies from the weekend sure were tasty.
Onto the topic of the day. We usually alternate which family we spend each holiday with. It's nice to have everyone close enough that that's possible. This year, we spent Thanksgiving with my family (although the Hymases were able to come join us, which was awesome). So Christmas is with Rich's family this year; we are looking forward to finally making it to Idaho after way too many cancelled trips.
The sad thing is that I don't know how much longer we will do that; with the kids getting older (and the size of our family growing), I doubt that we will be able to do that indefinitely. But, I'm sure we will always find ways to visit and spend time with our families one way or another. Isn't that was Christmas is all about?
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment