WARNING: this is a post about poop, so if you have a weak stomach, you may want to skip this one. ;)
My poor little Aiden has been having an upset tummy for the past 3-4 weeks, and so I decided it was high time to take him into the doctor on Monday. Well, getting into seeing the pediatrician is next to impossible and I think the next available appointment was not until June, so, we went to see the PA in the office. I thought he was very thorough and did a good job. He thought the most likely culprit was constipation, and put Aiden on a bowel clean out regiment, which started out with Exlax twice a day.
Rather than worrying about Aiden having a problem at school, we modified slightly the dosage and were only giving it to him at nighttime. He's been able to "go" as soon as he wakes up in the morning and has felt pretty good during the day. Last night I gave him his 3rd dose of Exlax.
This morning at 4:21am I was awakened by my sweet little guy going to the bathroom. After about 10 minutes, I got up to see if he needed some help. (He's 6 and is pretty self-sufficient in the bathroom). The door was locked and when I asked if he needed help, he said he'd had a poo-poo accident. I groaned and asked him to unlock the door.
When I went in, I could see the pants, but I missed the, um, couple of spills on the rug and I stepped right in them. Not good. So, I washed my feet in the sink and then helped my little buddy into the bathtub. I was just going to wash his feet, so the water was running and warm, but I decided that as long as we were there, we might as well give him a quick shower. I flipped the switch for the shower and gave the poor little guy a cold surprise. He yelped! In my defense, it was 4:30 am in the morning.
Anyway, I ran the rugs and pants down to the washing machine while he washed up, and then got him ready for bed, again. I crawled back into bed at 4:54am, but sadly, by that point, it was useless. On the bright side, I got an early start on a very busy day.
Sadly, the day ended the same way it started. I was cleaning up the dishes and looked over at my one year old, who was standing at the baby gate with his poopy diaper hanging behind him. He and the kitchen floor also needed some clean-up. It was definitely one of those days.




0 comments:
Post a Comment