Sunday, May 22, 2011

Goals

Last week in church I was flipping through an old notebook I had taken for the kids to draw in and I found an old list I had written with some of my goals.  Funny thing about it is that I still have the same goals.  They never seem to change.  Here is the list (and the status report):

1- Spiritual:
     a. morning and evening personal prayer (usually say evening prayer; need to remember morning prayer)
     b. daily scripture study (haven't been reading for the last couple weeks; recommitting today)

2- Best mom ever (I need some serious work on this one)
    a. family prayer (usually say them at night)
    b. family scriptures (usually read together at night)
    c. family home evening (I've been a slacker for the past several weeks)
    d. family dinners (everyone's got to eat, right?)
    e. homework (we do okay; need to make sure we do preschool 5 times a week with Kenzie and Aiden needs to read a book 5 days a week; currently we do it 3-4 days a week)
    f.  play time (I definitely need to work on this one)

3-Practice the piano 3 hrs per week (I'm proud to say I've been getting up at 6am before the kids wake up and practicing 5-6 days a week.  Wahoo!)

4- Scrapbook/Design
    a. Scrapbook one page per week (check)
    b. Design a kit per month (haven't been doing it at all)

5- Workout 3 hrs per week (check)

Overall, I'm doing pretty well on my goal list.  The four areas for improvement are playtime with the kids, personal prayers and scripture study, and creating my digital scrapbook kits.  Ready, set, go!

1 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

You are doing good at your goals--I am impressed you get up at 6am to practice the piano! My goals never seem to change either. I think my number one goal this year should be time management.:)

Post a Comment