Friday, May 27, 2011

Piano


A month or so ago, I saw a post on Facebook by my all time favorite piano teacher, Kerri Green.  She said she was re-opening her piano studio; she is an amazing teacher and pianist.  There were squeals of glee at the Hymas household, and I quickly got Aiden signed up for lessons from her.  He starts in a couple of weeks.

Since that news, I have rededicated myself to my own piano practicing.  I really can't sight read to save my life, but I have set some goals to learn all of the hymns that are sung in church and to learn the 50 Greats for Piano from the Yamaha music book. The question is when?

Back in the day, I used to get up early and go workout at the gym.  That, of course, is not an option now that I have kids and a husband who is usually out the door sometime between 5 and 6 am.  So, I had to find a different solution to the problem.  I contemplated it for months before I finally got myself psyched up enough to go to the gym after I dropped Aiden off at school, and put the other two in the gym's daycare for an hour.  

That has left those early mornings free.  Until recently, I've used them to sleep, since I am, at times, a little sleep deprived thanks to my little ones.  However, I am proud to say that I’ve gotten up at 6:00am for the past 4 weeks and practiced the piano before the kids got up (I have a Clavinova that can be used with earphones), and I'm feeling good about my progress.  I'm to the polishing up stage of Bach's Invention No. 1, and I'm on my 6th hymn. 

1 comments:

Kerri said...

This is super exciting for your teacher to hear... :)

I can't wait to have that happy Aiden walk through my door for his first lesson. I'm already smitten by him. It was such a treat to see you with your kids. And if you want any help on any of your pieces, I'm glad to give it!! (BTW, I'm still working on my schedule, so I'll email you with some times to choose from very soon.)

Post a Comment