Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Moving

We are moving to student housing at the U. I have pretty mixed feelings about this. I love having my parents upstairs. With the demands on Rich's time, their support has been invaluable. And, they are just plain great.

I will also really miss our ward. The is the best ward we've been in since we've been married. Everyone genuinely cares about us and we feel very loved here. It will be hard to leave our friends.

And, frankly, I feel a little old to be going back to student housing.

However, it'll be vitally important for Rich. He will have so many demands on his time that trading an hour commute (total) for a 5 minute walk will be really important. We were very worried about how capable he would be of driving home after a 36 hr shift. We considered trying to rent a room that he could crash in on days when he needs to, but we thought that would cause an even bigger strain on our family. And, we decided that those two reasons trumped everything else.

Plus, our name came up for a townhouse. They are very hard to come by, so I guess timing couldn't be better. However, I don't think they are long on creature comforts, and since I'll be spending most of my time there, that's a bummer for me and the kids. But, we will make it work.

It'll also be nice to be with people who are in the same boat. I know a few girls in the ward already, and I really like them. I hope we make some lifelong friends during our stay there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment