Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

We got our first food basket from the co-op we joined. It is amazing. For $15 we got so much fresh fruit and vegatables, just in time for my new weight loss efforts. We got, with our estimated vales at the grocery store:

4 artichokes ($6)
1 bag of radishes ($1)
1 head of romane lettuce ($1.50)
1 bunch of spinich ($2)
2 cucumbers ($2)
6 roma tomatoes ($3)
10 apples ($5)
1 cantalope ($3)
1 honey dew melon ($3)
a bunch of bananas ($1.50)
3 6oz containers of blackberries ($9)
6 kiwis ($1.5)

I think it would cost close to $40 in the grocery store for all of that. Well worth it. I also bought 5 loaves a whole wheat bread, and a "Mexican" basket that included some tamatillos, squash, cilantro, avacados, limes, onions, and garlic. All told, I spend $35 for two weeks worth of fresh food. Awesome!

In conjunction with this, I recently downloaded a new app for my ipod that is a pretty good calorie counter/fitness and nutritian tracker. It has motivated me to want to eat better, so the timing couldn't be better. I'm very excited about it and am making some progress in getting this baby fat off.

1 comments:

MarshandKrissy said...

I love bountiful baskets!! We use it all the time down here in Az. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!WOW.

Marshall and Krissy

Post a Comment