For the beverage, we had Brazilian Lemonade.
For the main course, we had Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken skewers, with homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
We had my own Pina Colada rice (inspired by a couple of different recipes from OBB--sorry no pictures)
2 cups white rice
1 14 oz can of coconut milk
1/2 c. crushed pineapple with juice
1 c. water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
(OBB recommends adding a splash of white vinegar to help with the stickiness)
Then I just threw it all in the rice cooker and let it cook for about 20 minutes, and stand for 5-10 more to absorb any remaining liquid. Variations I want to try: adding a dash of cayenne pepper or some soy sauce or teriyaki sauce to give it a little more kick. I think I may also just use a whole can of crushed pineapple and omit the water (?)
And we had just a boring can of green beans for our vegetable, but I'm sure Grandma's Green Beans would be a hit (from Lorinda Hymas' kitchen)!
6 slices bacon chopped
2 onions sliced
1 lb fresh green beans
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp sugar
Bon Appetite!





2 comments:
So, I'll be making that lemonade this week. Yum! I may even steal your whole meal-my in-laws are coming for a day and I need something delicious! :)
I ended up being too lazy to steal the whole meal, but I did make the lemonade--it was delicious! Everyone loved it! Thanks for the recommendation. :)
Post a Comment