Two weekends ago, the kids and I headed to Idaho for my nephew's baby blessing. Rich was on his surgery rotation and couldn't make it. In hindsight, I think perhaps I shouldn't have made the trek by myself, but I wanted to see everyone and be supportive. We went up on Saturday, and were there with mostly with the in-laws from the other side of the family, so I didn't really know anyone and felt a little uncomfortable.
The kids had fun, but the worst part of it was that at 1:30am, my little one year old decided to cry, I mean, SCREAM, until 3:30am; nothing like a screaming baby to keep a house full of strangers up all night. Sigh. I think he was just uncomfortable in a strange place.
I didn't dare open the bedroom door to try getting him a bottle because he'd cry louder when I sat him down, and I couldn't take a screamer with me to the kitchen, so I tried feeding him a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (he loves them and I had one in the stash of snacks for the car trip). That stopped him for a little while, but it didn't take long for the screaming to start up again. In the end, he calmed down long enough for me to get him a bottle and then he fell back into slumber with me cuddling him on the bed.
Things definitely got better Sunday morning when the rest of the Hymas clan arrived. I love my in-laws!
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I love that your fed him some peanut butter cup in the middle of the night. That's awesome! I might have done the same. :)
I would have stopped crying for a Reese's. I can promise you that!
Post a Comment