Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yummy!

A few weeks ago I purchased a loaf of Great Harvest's Cinnamon Burst Bread, and I have to say that it was pretty darn good.  So, instead of paying $5-$6 a loaf, I thought I'd try to find a recipe and make it myself.  Here is a link to the recipe I found.   The hardest part was finding the cinnamon chips, which I got at Gygi's here in SLC.

Cinnamon Burst Bread +

Then I was reading my friend Britt's blog (fluentbrittish), and she talked about a coconut cream syrup that she said was well, "num."  After an internet search and a couple phone calls, I found some at Dan's on Foothill Blvd.  They also have it on amazon.com, but it costs a bit more.
 
Lawford's Coconut Cream Syrup =
Finally, I happened on a recipe for Kneader's French Toast.  And I thought that adding these three things together just might equal a winner.  So, for Sunday morning after Rich got home, we tried it (along with some bananas, strawberries, and whipped cream).  And, it was super yum!  So, if you're looking for something new to try for breakfast, I strongly recommend giving this a try.  The hard part is the bread, so if you want a simple recipe, just go get a loaf of Great Harvest Cinnamon Burst Bread or Kneader's Chunky Cinnamon Bread.  I promise it'll be worth it!

Kneader's French Toast

1 comments:

Britt said...

Good for you for making your own cinnamon burst bread! I *think* those cinnamon chips are what that cookie tree uses in their snickerdoodles. I might have to get me some of those!

Post a Comment