Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rochester

Rich has been in Minnesota doing an away rotation at the Mayo Clinic in Radiation Oncology. It's been a long month with him away.  I went out to visit him for a long weekend (special thanks to Mom and Dad for watching the kids for me so I could go).

We got to eat at some of the local restaurants and drive around the area.  It felt like a very family friendly place.  Friday, while Rich was working, I got to go to lunch with a sweet new friend named Angela.  A mutual friend arranged for us to meet.  She was darling and made me feel right at home.

That night we got to visit with the Lowes, who actually lived in our current apartment right before us and are now doing their residency at Mayo.  It was fun to see them.  And on Saturday, my new friend Angela had a little dessert party for us at her house and invited several couples from the ward to come and visit.  Church on Sunday was great.  Everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Rich and I also did a little exploring on our own.  We drove to the Mississippi (I never get tired of spelling that) and saw a little more of the area.  It's just a nice, friendly mid-west sort of place.

I was glad I got to go and see Rich and some more of the country.

1 comments:

katie k hymas said...

I'm so glad you got to go out and visit! I've been thinking about you all month with Rich away, I know how hard that can be. You are a super trooper! I hope it all works out that you guys can end up there... or someplace equally great!

Post a Comment