We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho with Rich's family this year. We left on Tuesday to try to beat the storm (we failed) and so we could make it to a funeral on Wednesday (more about that in a minute). The normal 4 hr drive there took us 6 1/2 hrs of white knuckle driving time. Not fun! But, we made it safe and sound.
The funeral was for my niece's dad, my SIL's ex. He was killed in an auto accident the week before and his funeral was on Wednesday. My niece is really doing well. She has an AWESOME step-dad, and has tons of support.
We had the traditional Thanksgiving dinner and fare with Rich's family. Everyone but Clark and Katie was able to make it. Yummy! And, I learned to actually like pumpkin pie. Thank you, Costco. The best $6 I ever spent.
That night, I finally got to play Werewolves of Miller's Hallow. My friend, Britt, blogs about the fun her family has playing it, and I finally got my chance. I was not disappointed.
The day after Thanksgiving, Grandma Hymas had a gingerbread house ready for each family to decorate. The kids had a great time decorating their house. Pictures to follow.
We ended up staying a day longer than planned due to the weather. AND we bought a set of studded snow tires for the drive home. I gotta say that I LOVE them. We did not want to repeat our driving experience on the way there. I am happy to report that our drive home was very uneventful.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you liked playing Werewolves.
Post a Comment