Last week, we had an amazing rainstorm. It dumped about 4 inches in 1/2 hr and it rained a total of 1 1/2 hours. Rich was working in the ER and was unavailable. The retention pond behind our house started filling up, and I started to become alarmed as the level continued to rise, and my backyard was full of water.
I checked the basement and found a small leak coming from the window. I was really glad we hadn't put the carpet that got leaked on earlier back yet. Then Aiden discovered the leak in the back of the basement. The water was pouring in from the crawl space. I grabbed buckets and tried to catch the water, and was glad the nearby floor drain was working. It was almost able to keep up.
Thankfully, the storm and the water subsided quickly, which was a blessing from above and answer to our prayrs. Our little area couldn't take much more, and I was husbandless for the night. The neighbors said that was a freak storm and they'd never seen that much water come down in so short a time. I hope that's true. The kids school also got flooded from the storm and there were crews there working on it until 4am.




1 comments:
Hello Cousin! I'm glad that the storm let up without any real damage. God is good. Glad I could catch up on your happenings. We are still in ID but we have many possibilities of that changing so I have faith that we will soon know our new path soon. Love & miss you. Mandy
Post a Comment