I was not planning on canning/preserving a single thing this year. However, plans change. We went to Idaho to visit Rich's family for Labor Day, and came home with some harvest goodness. We also got a couple of boxes of peaches from Rich's Aunt Di. So, so far this season we have:
frozen 45 lbs of corn (thanks to help from my MIL)
frozen 4 bags of green beans
bottled 14 quarts of tomatoes
bottled 10 small bottles of tomatillos
made a quadruple batch of strawberry freezer jam
made a double batch of raspberry-peach jam (my new favorite)
and started bottling the peaches (I only have 3 quarts so far; waiting for the rest of the peaches to ripen)
So, for not having even planted a tomato plant this year, I think we've done pretty well.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment