On June 9, we moved from my parent's basement into student housing at the U. At 37 (I can admit my age), this is not where I expected to be in life. But, I don't think life ever turns out the way we planned, and as I keep telling myself "life is a journey, not a destination," and "bloom where you're planted."
My dad helped us move our beds and some bare necessities up on Wednesday so we could sleep up in our new place. My dad was there for us the whole week and was such a great help! My mom also helped out by watching the kids. We couldn't have done it without them.
My friend Becky spent some time during the rest of the week helping me get the rest of the stuff packed up from the old place. What a chore! I really appreciate the love and support from our friends in our old neighborhood.
The rest of the stuff didn't get moved in until Saturday, June 12. We had a great turnout from the Centennial Park Ward to help us get everything moved out of our old house. I think there were 9 people from the ward there. Wow! On the other end, we had some guys turn up from our new ward to help us unload everything; they were so kind. And then the real work began!
Here are some pics of the day:




0 comments:
Post a Comment