Thursday, April 23, 2009

Big Girl Bed

The other night, Mackenzie woke up incoherent and very upset. She seemed to be worried about Aiden. After about an hour of trying to calm her down, I laid her in bed beside her big bro, and they both "slept like a baby" for the rest of the night.

In the morning I walked passed the door to their room and heard the following conversation:

Aiden: "My bed."
Mackenzie: "No, my bed."
Aiden: "No, my bed..."

You get the idea. It was SO cute.

Since then Mackenzie has insisted on sleeping in Aiden's bed with him. By now, I should know better than to let her have her way. She's pretty much abandoned any interest in her crib.

So today, I converted her crib into a toddler bed since she definitely prefers to sleep in a regular bed. She seems to like it, but I don't know how long it's going to stick. It took me an hour, and several Kenzie temper tantrums, to get the kids down for their nap. I may have to postpone the bed for a bit. I'll keep you updated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment