Aiden turned 4 on November 8. I can hardly believe he's getting so big. We had his first friends birthday party in honor of the day. The theme was construction site (big surprise to anyone who's spent more th 2 minutes in conversation with him). He begged for a dump truck cake (which only took about 6 hrs to make and decorate), and we decorated the house with caution tape and orange, black, and yellow balloons.
The kids that came were Aiden's cousins Tyler and Aspen, and his friends Ethan, Hailey, Toby, and Allie, and his sister, Mackenzie. We played lots of fun games like tag, pin the construction cone on the site, bean bag toss into a dump truck, red light/green light, and nail, nail, hammer (duck, duck, goose). The kids also enjoyed a construction site sack lunch made up of PBJ's, dried apples, chips, and capri sun.
The grown-ups who came were Grandma and Grandpa Hymas, Grandma and Grandpa Baker, Aunt Krissy and Uncle Scott, Aunt Kara and Uncle Troy, Uncle Clark and Aunt Katie, and Veronica Andrew. The grown-ups enjoyed croissant sandwhiches and brocolli cheese soup.
After dinner, we had cake and ice cream and opened presents. It was a really fun day.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I am truly impressed by a mom who will spend six hours making a cake that will be devoured in 2 minutes! It looks awesome, though! Thanks for calling last night. My free time starts at 10pm lately - I'm afraid it's too late to call you back. I'll try to touch base with you tomorrow while I'm driving around for work.
Post a Comment